It’s the end of summer so I want to squeeze in one last super summery recipe. These little bites of sweet, savory goodness are one of summer’s greatest treasures, in my opinion. Prosciutto peach bites showcase fresh peaches by pairing their sweet juiciness with something salty and savory, some herbaciousness and something tangy.
They’re incredible and I highly recommend whipping up a batch before we dig into all the fall things.
Prosciutto peach bites: late summer’s best appetizer
Like I said, I realize we are really at the end of summer here, but the peaches are still poppin’ and there is always a reason to eat prosciutto and basil, am I right? And basically all it takes it slipping fresh peach wedges, a little blanket of prosciutto and a basil leaf on each skewer and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction and voila!
You have a fabulous little appetizer that will please everyone at your next party.
You could also add mozzarella balls to these prosciutto peach bites, which will honestly just make everything THAT much better.
Plus, if you’re looking to do a fun tapas or appetizer party for the end of summer or to celebrate labor day, I have a bunch of fabulous ideas lined up. I got chu!
A few other late summer appetizers that’ll please the palate:
- Beet Hummus
- Sweet Corn & Bacon Fritters
- Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- Mango Cucumber Salsa
- (Cowboy) Texas Caviar
- Dill-Horseradish Veggie Dip
- Peach Guacamole
Prosciutto Peach Bites
An easy late summer appetizer with peaches, prosciutto and fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- 4 medium peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 ounce prosciutto, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls (optional)
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- Balsamic vinegar or reduction
- Thred a peach wedges, piece of prosciutto, mozzarella ball (if using) and a fresh basil leaves onto small appetizer skewers.
- Line on a plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar or reduction. Serve.
Cooking Tip: Use fresh mozzarella.
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
Keywords: appetizer, skewers, tapas, no-cook, no cook, summer