This berry chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette helps me hang onto summer by the thread.
I’m really enjoying this salad…
That leads me to this summer berry chicken salad because #alltheberries. I mean, just check out those strawberries! And blueberries! And blackberries!
I am eating them by the handful, and I’m also adding them to this salad by the handful.
That and creamy avocado, nutty quinoa, juicy chicken and whatever else sounds good at the moment.
I highly suggest some walnuts (maybe even candied!) and some sort of cheese (because, Wisconsin) and perhaps some crumbled bacon.
This salad is meant to be loaded.
Meal prep berry chicken salad with balsamic vinaigrette
And I like spring mix as the base because it usually contains some peppery greens like arugula that give the salad a little kick. I’m also a fan of adding a small handful of fresh mint leaves.
It takes the salad from good to freaking great.
Plus, the dressing is just a few simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry right now. Balsamic vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and olive oil.
Done and done.
And if you are doing the back-to-school thing, these salads are perfect for a grab-n-go lunch.
Just distribute the salad ingredients in big containers, the dressing in small containers and right before eating, toss ’em together and you’ll be ballin’.
Lunch is served.
A few other berry recipes you’ll *swoon* over:
- Blueberry Date Muffins
- Blueberry Donuts with Orange Glaze
- Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Chia Jam
- Mixed Berry Bread Pudding
- Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- Chocolate Overnight Oat & Raspberry Chia Pudding Parfaits
Berry Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Seared chicken breast on a bed of spring greens with mixed fresh berries, avocado and quinoa, dressed with a light honey balsamic dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4–6 cups spring mix
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooled and sliced
- 2–3 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- Pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- Handful chopped walnuts or almonds and feta, goat or Parmesan cheese, if desired
- In a small measuring cup or bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Arrange spring mix in bowls. Distribute chicken breasts, berries, avocado and quinoa on each salad. Sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if desired. Top with nuts and cheese, if desired.
- Just before serving, drizzle dressing on salad. Store leftover salad and dressing in separate containers in the refrigerator.
Cooking Tip: Cook the chicken breast in advance to make weeknight salad assembly quick and simple.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 518
- Sugar: 23
- Sodium: 406
- Fat: 24
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 21
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 46
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 34
- Cholesterol: 69
Keywords: back-to-school, meal prep, make ahead, lunchbox, packed lunch, healthy, easy, quick, work lunch