Hey friends! Today is the day for Thai vegetable salad with peanut dressing.
Thai vegetable salad with peanut dressing
It’s a delicious, veggie filled day over here. Not only do we have a rainbow of vegetables going on, but we have the most amazing peanut dressing drizzled all them. With cashews and green onion on top. Ahhh it’s so good. So, allow me to tell you more about each. The veg situation includes:
- Carrots – shaved, shredded or chopped, however you like to cut them
- Edamame – the frozen shelled kind, just allow it to thaw and toss it in
- Bell peppers – of any color
- Purple cabbage – I buy the bag of pre-shredded stuff and just stir it in
- Cilantro and green onion – for garnish
I put this dressing on everything, and so will you
Now, let’s discuss why this peanut dressing is EVERYTHING. When you go out to eat and fall in love with the restaurant’s signature peanut sauce, imagine that, but better. Here goes:
- Peanut butter – I use creamy natural (not the oil on the top kind)
- Soy sauce – go for low sodium (or use tamari for gluten free)
- Dark brown sugar – it balances it out and gives that amazing molasses flavor
- Sesame oil – Literally does not get better than sesame oil, you need it in this dressing!
- Lime juice – Zest and squeeze it straight from the fruit
- Ginger – No reasoning needed, it’s ginger
- Sriracha – for that heat, sis!
This entire salad is worth swooning over, and hopefully you’ll put it on your list of ‘must make’ recipes in the next week or so. Pretty please? It’s some of my favorite veggies chopped in fun ways and it’s all tossed in the best-ever Asiany peanut dressing. Isn’t it bright and pretty and doesn’t it make you feel good just looking at it? It’ll make you feel even better if you eat it. Promises.Print
Thai Vegetable Salad with Peanut Dressing
A rainbow of veggies tossed with peanut dressing, topped with cashews and green onion.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Thai
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cups shaved carrots
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- ¼ cup sliced green onion, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- Zest and juice of 2 medium limes
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place carrots, edamame, bell pepper, cabbage, half of the green onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, lime zest and juice and ginger. If thick, add a little hot water and whisk until desired consistency is reached. Pour dressing into the veggie bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve with remaining green onions, cashews and Sriracha (if desired).
Storage Tip: Store salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 450mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 17g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy, easy, vegetarian, dressing, peanut sauce, no cook, simple