You guys. Don’t throw the sweet potato skins away.
And if you’re going to, pretty please send them my way because I want nothing more in this world right now than to eat these Sweet Potato Skin Chips.
But seriously, I’ve been throwing these skins away my whole life. I was always a big fan of regular potato skins growing up. You know, with cheese and sour cream, and all the goods.
But these are seriously my very favorite snack right now, and I can guarantee they will be for awhile.
Sweet Potato Skins Chip Recipe
How these chips came to be.
It all happened one afternoon when I was getting ready to roast cubed sweet potatoes to make my Spicy Sweet Potato Taco Salad.
I was peeling the potatoes and tossing the skins to the side. Then I said to myself… I wonder if these skins would be good if I roasted them in a little oil and sprinkled them with kosher salt?
Why absolutely… they’re delicious!
Okay, okay, I know I am being incredibly dramatic right now. This isn’t some new invention or whatever. There are probably millions of people who have roasted potato skins and they probably also sat down and ate every last one of them in front of the television.
No? Just me?
Anyway. If you decide you want to try the most delicious snack on earth, don’t hesitate.
They only take a few minutes to peel, and about a half hour in the oven makes them crispy and extra sweet and extra tasty.
Sweet Potato Skin Chips
These sweet potato skins are the perfect healthy snack alternative and make use of potato peels you might otherwise throw away.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Snack, Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4–5 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive or grapeseed oil
- Pinch coarse salt
- Pure maple syrup, for drizzling (optional)
- Pinch dried rosemary, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes using a chef’s knife, creating large skins with just a little flesh attached. (Set aside sweet potato flesh for another use.)
- Place sweet potato skins on a baking sheet and toss with oil and a pinch of salt. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until skins and crispy and brown. Allow to cool.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with dried rosemary, if using. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 72 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy, baked, oven, easy, crispy, simple