Are you ready for the easiest, most fun and most delicious no-cook meal… ever? They’re called spicy tuna cucumber sushi rolls, and you’re about to fall in love.
The best no cook meal
These little beauts are reminiscent of real, delicious sushi, but instead of seaweed, the ‘roll’ part is cucumber!
All you have to do is thinly slice cucumber, lengthwise, then add all of your favorite sushi ingredients and roll ’em up into morsels of pure yumminess.
My favorite sushi ingredients include:
- Stick sushi rice – It’s sushi, and sticky rice is to-die-for.
- Jalapeno – For that spice, yo!
- Avocado – Totally creamy.
- Radish – Super crisp and beautiful.
- Pickled ginger – Can’t have sushi without it!
- Spicy mayo – Mayo + Sriracha = Life.
Why do I love these spicy tuna cucumber sushi rolls?
And I can’t forget to add protein-packed albacore tuna because it’s ready-to-eat, full of protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals, and seriously tastes so fresh – it has a firm texture, light color and amazing flavor and, in my opinion, is superior to chunk light tuna.
Just add it to the ‘sushi’ rolls with all those crunchy, crisp veggies, sticky white rice and (extra) spicy mayo, and dinner is seriously served.
Also, these tiny sushi-like creatures are perfect for lunch the next day, or also just to grab as a snack all day, every day.
I can’t get enough of them, even if they’re a tad bit messy. Full disclosure.
And if you get tired of rolling, just toss it all together and call it a Sushi Bowl.
No love lost, friends.
Bowls, sushi and tuna forever.Print
Tuna Cucumber Sushi Rolls
Tuna, sushi rice, jalapeno, avocado, pickled ginger and radishes rolled up in thinly sliced cucumber smeared with spicy mayo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Total Time: 15-20 mins
- Yield: Makes 8 rolls 1x
- Category: Dinner, Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Asian
- 1 large English cucumber
- ¼ cup mayonnaise or cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- ¼ cup cooked sushi rice, chilled
- 5 ounces can white albacore tuna
- 1 medium jalapeno, thinly sliced
- ½ medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Low sodium soy sauce, for serving
- Chop cucumber crosswise into two equal-sized pieces. Use a peeler or knife to cut cucumber into thin lengthwise pieces. Cucumber pieces should be thin enough to roll, but not tear. Lay cucumber slices on a cutting board to assemble.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise/cream cheese and Sriracha. Spread a thin layer of Sriracha mayo on each cucumber slice. About 1 inch from the end of each cucumber slice, place a small scoop of rice and tuna, then layer with a few slices of jalapeno, a slice of avocado, a few radish matchsticks and a piece of pickled ginger. Season each with a dash of salt and pepper. Roll each, tucking the filling ingredients tightly in. Secure with a toothpick until ready to eat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with soy sauce.
Make it a Bowl: If you tire of rolling or have leftover ingredients, layer the rice and veggies in a bowl and top with Sriracha mayo.
- Serving Size: 2 rolls
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: healthy, easy, no cook, cucumber wrapped, spicy, quick