Prepare yourself for something delicious. It’s my spiced pumpkin bread, folks.
It’s made with pumpkin, oat flour, brown sugar and warm fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
Light, fluffy, delicious and guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser.
Are you ready for a fall spiced pumpkin bread treat?
What we have here is the absolute perfect treat for November.
Today is may be 65 degrees and sunny (!!), but the leaves have turned, we are all thinking about our Thanksgiving menus and the nighttime air is a little brisk, so it’s definitely fall.
What that means, is it’s time for an ultra-spiced, ultra-moist and scrumptious loaf of fall-inspired bread.
This loaf is made with oat flour, which is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with.
It’s a healthy option because it’s loaded with fiber and if you use gluten free oats, our gluten free friends can eat it!
And trust me, you won’t miss the wheat in this one (although you can use it if that’s what you have – it’ll still be delicious).
Pumpkin is everywhere
Everything seems to be pumpkin-spiced these days (did you guys see those Twinkies – ew!), but pumpkin bread is an OG, so it can’t just be shunned.
It’s too good, you guys, and it deserves our love and affection every single year.
And this loaf has so many of our other fave ingredients (and pantry staples!) like pure pumpkin, eggs and spices galore.
But you won’t know it, you’ll just love it!
If you’re loving pumpkin right now, you may also enjoy these recipes:
- Pumpkin Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Maple Pumpkin Butter
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Scones
- Pumpkin Pasta with Bacon
Spiced Pumpkin Bread
This spiced pumpkin bread is made with pumpkin, oat flour, brown sugar and warm fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. It’s light, fluffy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins
- Total Time: 60 mins
- Yield: 1 loaf (~12 slices) 1x
- Category: Quick Breads, Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 (15-ounces) can pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oat flour (or whole wheat pastry, whole wheat, all-purpose)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, oil, eggs and brown sugar until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, slowly, whisking until just combined.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Sprinkle top with granulated sugar. Bake 55-65 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 232 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
Keywords: healthy, pumpkin spice, easy, moist, best, from scratch, canned pumpkin, homemade