Nothin’ like a little comfort food on a Monday, or any day, really. I make these nachos every summer when we’re camping, so I’m officially classifying sheet pan chili nachos as a year-round dish, not just a winter or cold weather thing.
These easy weeknight nachos with homemade chili, cheese and your favorite toppings may just become a new favorite in your household.
Who doesn’t love a plate of nachos?
So. Much. Cheese on these sheet pan chili nachos
Also, is there any better way to use up leftover chili than on a plate of nachos? I mean, maybe on a grilled hot dog or smoked sausage…. but you could always chop those up and put them on the nachos, too.
Now things are getting really wild, eh?
Anyway, my chili is pretty simple: ground beef, onion, garlic, kidney beans, black beans, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, chipotle chilies, stock and a hefty dose of chili powder. I mean, you’re likely to run out of chili powder after making this.
I spoon generous amounts of the chili over crispy tortilla chips, top with an even more generous amount of cheese, bake them in the oven and finish them off with whatever toppings I’m in the mood for: green onion, Greek yogurt, avocado, cilantro, jalapenos…. hot dogs….
Jk, but not really.
Other ground beef recipes you’ll love:Print
Sheet Pan Chili Nachos
Easy weeknight nachos with homemade chili, cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25-30 min
- Total Time: 40-45 min
- Yield: Serves 10 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-Top, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- 3–4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chopped chipotle chili in adobo sauce
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 ½–2 teaspoons coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup unsalted beef stock
- 1 (12-ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheeses
- Toppings: plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, diced avocado and/or salsa
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven to medium. Add onion and saute 2-3 minutes or until slightly soft. Add ground beef and cook 5-6 minutes or until browned, breaking beef into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Stir in the garlic, chipotle chili, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
- Add the black beans, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Optional: Place a cup of chili in a food processor or blender and pulse until blended. Transfer back to the chili and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange the chips in a layer on a large baking sheet. Spoon the chili over the chips and top with shredded cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve nachos with desired toppings. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: Serves 10
- Calories: 492
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 738mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 64g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
Keywords: comfort food, easy, simple, weeknight, quick, delicious, loaded, best