Thick cut cod filets are coated in an egg Dijon mixture and crusted with a pistachio Panko mix and baked until flaky and luscious.
This simple, easy and quick recipe is ready in just under 20 minutes!
How to make pistachio-crusted cod
Sometimes I don’t know what to say about my recipes. Every single time I just wanna go on and on about how delicious they are.
It’s difficult when you aren’t here to eat them with me, so I have to try and explain it so you’ll want to cook it in your kitchen.
But I feel like if I just keep saying how yummy things are, you’re going to become desensitized to my dramaticism (is that a word?) and will think I’m lying or something. Do you think I’m lying?
I don’t know, maybe I’m just being crazy right now, but what I want you to know is the recipes ARE delicious. All of them. I wouldn’t post and share them if they weren’t. And this fish, this pistachio-crusted fish, is no exception.
So let me tell you about it.
Thick cut cod filets are coated in an egg Dijon mixture and dusted with a pistachio Panko crust and baked until flaky and luscious. That’s literally all it takes to make the best fish in all of life.
See, there I go again making dramatic statements regarding a recipe. But the fact is… it’s a fact. It’s true. This fish is life-changing. Life-altering, if you will.
Pistachio-crusted cod is out-of-this-world
Do you see that crust? You really can’t argue against it.
Okay I think I better sign off now because I’m being weird and I am not sure how you’re going to feel about my fish ramblings.
P.S. It really is that good. Pair it with a nice salad and dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes and then you can spend the next 2 hours talking about the life changing pistachio-crusted cod. Promises.Print
Thick cut cod filets are coated in an egg Dijon mixture and crusted with a pistachio Panko mix before being baked until flaky and luscious. This simple, easy, and quick recipe is read in just under 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Seafood
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-pound fresh cod, cut into 4 filets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fit a baking sheet with a wire rack and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place pistachios, breadcrumbs, ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form. Place in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and Dijon mustard until combined.
- Season cod filets with remaining salt and pepper. Dip each filet into the egg mixture, then generously coat it with pistachio mixture. Line on the baking sheet, coat with cooking spray and bake 10-12 minutes, until just flaky.
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 344mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
Keywords: baked, healthy, oven, without lemon, easy, simple, quick, weeknight