This bright and fresh recipe is an easy, healthy fruit salsa made with fresh pineapple, mango, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion and lime juice. Serve this pineapple mango salsa over grilled fish or chicken, on top of your favorite tacos, as a side or salad or with tortilla chips.
How to make pineapple mango salsa
- Pineapple and mango. The primary ingredients in the salsa. I use fresh and it makes all the difference! You can use all pineapple or all mango, if you prefer.
- Red onion. Adds a tangy crunch which contracts perfectly with the sweet pineapple and mango. I chop it up finely so it adds flavor and crunch but does not overpower the salsa.
- Jalapeno. Adds heat, of course! I also finely dice the jalapeno so I don’t get big bites of it but it adds a light heat to the salsa.
- Cilantro. If you don’t like it, simply leave it out!
- Lime. I love lots of lime in my salsa, so grab an extra one if you do, too.
- A cutting board and chef’s knife to chop all of the produce.
- A microplane or zester to zest the lime.
- A mixing bowl and large spoon to stir everything together.
Step-by Step Instructions
- The first step is to chop the produce, and that includes the pineapple, mango, red onion, jalapeno, cilantro and lime. Once you have this step crossed off, the salsa will come together quickly!
- Next, add everything to a bowl and stir it together.
- Taste the salsa and adjust the seasoning, if you wish.
- Serve on grilled fish or chicken, on top of your favorite tacos, by the spoonful or my favorite – with tortilla chips!
Substitutions and Alterations
- Instead of the pineapple or mango: try with fresh peaches, nectarines, cherries, berries or for a savory salsa… tomatoes.
- If you don’t like cilantro: leave it out! Try parsley if you still want some herbaciousness.
- If you don’t like spicy food: skip the jalapeno (or use less).
- For a gluten free, dairy free and vegan version: Leave it as-is! All of the ingredients are naturally gluten free, dairy free and vegan.
Other fresh summer recipes:
- Ricotta & Beef Zucchini Roll-Ups
- Caprese Pesto Pasta Salad
- Berry Chicken Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Spicy Tuna Cucumber Sushi Rolls
- Peach Guacamole
- Strawberry Basil Bruschetta
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Sweet Lemon Dressing
Pineapple Mango Salsa
A simple fruit salsa made with pineapple, mango, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro and lime.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Mexican-Style
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium mango, peeled, cored and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded, ribbed and minced
- ½ small red onion, peeled and minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- In a large glass bowl, stir together the pineapple, mango, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, lime zest and juice and salt. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve.
Storage Tip: Store salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 63mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: salsa, appetizer, salad, pineapple, mango