There are few foods in this world that almost everyone likes. Roasted pesto potatoes are one of those.
Roasted pesto potatoes are delicious, period
Think about it – Do you know someone who doesn’t love potatoes? If you do, are you still friends with them?
Just kidding, but also for real. Potatoes are amazing with very little manipulation in kitchen. They’re one of those ingredients that just need a little oil or butter, to be roasted, baked, or sautéed, and sprinkled with some salt.
And pure bliss is all yours. That’s what I’ve done here with these potato morsels.
Next level deliciousness with pesto
And in the spirit of taking things to the next level, I decided to finish these babes off with fresh pesto because I wanted to bring that springtime freshness.
The pesto ingredients (basil, spinach, nuts, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil) get whirled in a food processor so it comes together in mere seconds.
Also, I added the spinach because it’s more economical than buying more handfuls of basil (unless it’s farmer’s market season!), and you get some extra nutrition in there. You can’t beat it, folks.
I also recommend buying bunches of basil at the farmer’s market because it’s so much cheaper than buying the little containers at the store. That is, when it’s basil season!
So go grab yourself some baby taters and get roasting!Print
Roasted Pesto Potatoes
These roasted baby potatoes with homemade basil pesto are a perfect side dish for your dinner.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Dinner, Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1-pound baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves + more for serving
- ½ cup fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese + more for serving
- ¼ cup nuts (pine, walnuts)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet and toss with oil. Roast 25 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, place basil, spinach, Parmesan, nuts, garlic, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Turn on low speed and drizzle olive oil in through the vegetable shoot until desired texture is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Pull potatoes out of the oven and toss with pesto sauce. Roast for an additional 5 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve potatoes with chopped basil and Parmesan cheese, as desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 242 mg
- Fat: 29 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 21 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: new potatoes, quick, ideas, simple, healthy, easy, fast, oven baked