The perfect flourless peanut butter cookie doesn’t exist… just kidding – it does! These peanut butter chocolate chip yogurt cookies are certainly a delicious mouthful.
They’re made with just a few simple ingredients – creamy peanut butter, Greek yogurt, dark brown sugar, eggs, baking soda, salt and dark chocolate chips or chunks – with no flour or butter! It sounds wild, but they’re literally the best cookies on planet earth. Go ahead and try them for yourself!
How to make the best peanut butter yogurt cookies
- Peanut butter. I always use creamy, and I always use natural peanut butter that doesn’t have the oil on top. Something like JIF or Skippy Natural is perfect.
- Greek yogurt. Go for vanilla Greek yogurt (0%, 2% or whole all work!). If you grab plain, add a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract to the batter.
- Eggs. Large in size.
- Dark brown sugar. You could also use light brown sugar, or a mix of granulated and light or dark brown sugar. But I love the rich flavor of dark brown sugar. Also, you can use 1/2 or 3/4 cup depending on how sweet you want your cookies to be. They’ll turn out great either way.
- Baking soda. They need to rise!
- Salt. Kosher or sea salt to mix into the batter, then if you want to be extra, grab some flaky sea salt and add a few sprinkles to the top of each cookie.
- Dark chocolate. You can use any percentage dark cacao and you can choose between chips and chunks.
- A hand or stand mixer. I like to use my stand mixer because it’s easy (and you have the option of using the paddle attachment). But the hand mixer will certainly work well, too.
- A spatula. For scraping all the goods off the side of the bowl. No judgment if you sneak a few bites.
- Measuring cups and spoons. You’ll need wet and dry. And before measuring the peanut butter, spray your wet measuring cup with cooking spray. It’ll be easier to scoop out and clean up!
- A baking sheet. Actually you’ll need 2, or you can bake the cookies in 2 rounds.
- Parchment paper. Not 100% necessary, but will make your life a lot easier.
- A cookie scoop. Also not 100% necessary, but will also make your life a lot easier. If you don’t have one, use two spoons.
- An oven. Yes, necessary. Preheat it to 350!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- The first step is to beat together the peanut butter and yogurt until fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar until fluffy and well-incorporated.
- Then, add one egg at a time (this is where it’s helpful to have a stand mixer) until fluffy. There is a trend here with the fluffiness!
- Add the baking soda and salt until incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on two baking sheets (or work in batches). Use a cookie scoop to form into balls and place them, spread out, on the cookie sheet. There should be 1-2 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until the cookies just start to crack a bit on top. They should be nice and puffy! I like to start checking on them at 8 minutes because I like my cookies slightly undercooked.
- Let slightly cool (the hard part!), then devour.
Save yourself a dishwashing nightmare when making these peanut butter chocolate chip yogurt cookies by following this simple tip: Use a liquid measuring cup to measure ingredients like peanut butter and yogurt. For sticky items like peanut butter, spray the inside of the measuring cup with cooking spray before adding the peanut butter to it. It’ll make for easy clean-up!
Other Fabulous Dessert Recipes:
- Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
- Mixed Berry Bread Pudding
- Blueberry Upside-Down Cake
- Oatmeal Raisin Apple Butter Cookies
- Cornmeal-Ricotta Upside-Down Cake
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Yogurt Cookies
Simple peanut butter cookies made with Greek yogurt, brown sugar and dark chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
- Total Time: 13-20 mins
- Yield: 15 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt or plain Greek yogurt + 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½–¾ cup lightly packed brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like them)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Flaky sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place large piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Whisk together peanut butter, yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, baking soda and salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place dollops of cookie dough on parchment paper, leaving a ½-inch gap in between each cookie. Sprinkle each with flaky sea salt (if using). Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cookies just start to crack on the top.
Baking Tip: These cookies will be very tender and may fall apart if moved or eaten before cooled. That does not mean they are not incredibly delicious right out of the oven, they may just be a little messy.
Baking Tip: To give these cookies even more “body”, add 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour to the batter before adding the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 271mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
Keywords: Greek yogurt, without butter, easy, from scratch, without flour, simple, comfort food