Today is all about peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
How to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Why, you ask? Because when I am celebrating, I make food. And today, that food happens to be cookies.
I am celebrating because 1) I have tomorrow off. Seems a little underwhelming, as it’s just a day off.
But I am SO excited about it. I get to snuggle all night with my hubs and kittens and watch Revenge without setting an alarm.
I say that’s reason enough to make cookies, don’t cha think? 2) I planted 2 huge gardens-worth of veggies a few weeks ago and I have all sorts of plants sprouting! Again, this may not seem like a big deal, but I actually don’t have much of a green thumb.
I’ve killed plants numerous times in my life, so I was (am) very unsure if I can actually get a garden going. So far I see spinach, arugula, peas, broccoli, cabbage and watermelon.
Also, I found about 25 rhubarb plants around the yard! Some ready to pick, and some need a little more time. How. Cool. Is it that I’m going make 1,252 different rhubarb recipes this spring/summer?
All this good stuff calls for a celebration (and cookies).
P.S. If you have any tips for keeping my garden going, lemme know. I need to become really good at this whole gardening thing so I can get to the cooking part, which I happen to be pretty good at.
What makes these the best cookies?!
Anyway. Let’s talk cookies. I know I have another peanut butter cookie recipe: Peanut Butter Yogurt Cookies with Dark Chocolate, but one can never have too many cookie recipes.
Also, those are flourless cookies, and the ones I made for you (me) today can be made with whole wheat pastry flour or oat flour.
They are also LOADED with honey. Because… honey. And then I put some speckles of dark chocolate in there, taking them from good –> great. Just like that.
Not to mention that they’re uber fluffy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. You’ll want a cup of Joe or a glass of milk to go along with these bad boys.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy honey-sweetened peanut butter cookies with dark chocolate chips.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 8-10 mins
- Total Time: 18-25 mins
- Yield: Makes 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry or oat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper or silpat on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream peanut butter, honey and butter on medium, until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and whip until combined. Slowly add portions of the dry ingredients, just until combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop and place dollops of batter onto the baking sheet, about 1-2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes or until browned.
Cooking Tip: Refrigerate cookies for 30 minutes before baking for a fluffier cookie.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
Keywords: easy, healthy, without brown sugar, without baking soda, from scratch, best