What’s your favorite meal of the day? Mine is breakfast, and I especially love these morning glory overnight oats.
Let’s make morning glory overnight oats
I’m always trying to incorporate more and more veggies and fruits into my diet, and sometimes I struggle to do so with breakfast.
So I decided to take one of my favorite morning glory muffins and turn them into overnight oats.
That means carrots, apples, coconut, raisins and walnuts. YES, YES, YES.
It gives me fruits and veggies for breakfast, and it gives me DELICIOUS.
If you’re into easy make-ahead breakfasts, this one is it
I don’t know about you, but it’s important that I spend a few minutes prepping breakfast foods each week.
Otherwise, things get busy and crazy and I am not as prepared for a nourishing breakfast as I should be.
That’s why I absolutely love overnight oats because I can make 5 individual servings and have one Monday-Friday.
And, I can change up the mix-ins and toppings so it never gets boring.
Give it a try, folks!Print
Morning Glory Overnight Oats
Easy make-ahead overnight oats made with apple, carrots, coconut, raisins and walnuts.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1–2 tablespoons pure maple syrup + more for serving
- 2 ¾ cups milk
- Pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots, divided
- 1 medium apple, diced, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- ½ cup raisins, divided
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, milk and salt. Stir in half of the carrots, apple, coconut and raisins. Transfer to jars with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Top overnight oats with remaining carrots, apples, coconut, raisins and walnuts and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Storage Tips: Store overnight oats in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 447
- Sugar: 29g
- Sodium: 88mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: healthy, without yogurt, easy, apples, chai tea latte, make ahead, do ahead, on the go