All hail the 4 ingredient recipe. This perfectly seasoned, melt-in-your-mouth recipe for maple mustard salmon + roasted broccoli comes together in just under 30 minutes for a perfect weeknight dinner.
The ingredients to make this dish are so stellar on their own, and even more stellar together.
Okay, so most of my recipes are not just 4 ingredients because I’m all about the spices and layering the flavors. That’s kind of why cooking is such a joy (in my opinion). But I do (mostly) keep my recipes pretty darn simple and easy to follow because I want everyone to love them.
And let’s be honest, the fewer ingredients and easier the process, the more likely you are to cook said recipe, am I right?
With that said, today’s special is literally 4 ingredients (I wasn’t lying). And not because it doesn’t have flavor or isn’t delicious, but because the ingredients to make this dish are just so stellar on their own, and even more stellar together.
Yes, yes, yes!
Let’s talk about the salmon
First of all, any piece of fish or seafood that is perfectly seasoned and roasted until melt-in-your-mouth perfection really doesn’t need anything else to be fantastic. I’d eat salmon with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh lemon any day of the week and be very, very happy. And I’d say the same about perfectly roasted veggies.
I just took this recipe one step further and added a mixture of pure maple syrup and Dijon mustard, equal parts. Slather that on some high quality salmon, cook it until it’s just barely flaky and perfectly pink on the inside, then slather it with more maple mustard sauce, and life is seriously good. Great, actually.
And this maple mustard salmon + roasted broccoli are all ready in well under 30 minutes. Mmm hmm.
You’re 4 ingredients away from alllllll this.
And if you love salmon and are looking for more ways to incorporate it into your meals, check out this Mediterranean Grain Bowls with Salmon recipe.Print
Maple Mustard Salmon + Roasted Broccoli
This 4-ingredient mustard maple salmon + roasted broccoli recipe uses pure maple syrup and dijon mustard to create a perfectly seasoned, melt-in-your-mouth meal that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1–2 tablespoons oil
- Coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds fresh salmon, cut into 4 filets
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add broccoli to the baking dish and coat with oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 8-10 minutes. Remove baking dish from the oven, slide the broccoli over and place salmon filets in the baking dish. Season salmon with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Pour about ¾ of the mixture evenly over the salmon filets. Roast salmon and broccoli for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the filets, just until salmon just barely flakes with the pressure of the back of a fork. Optional: Broil on low for 2 additional minutes to give the salmon a crispy top (Caution: Do not overcook the salmon. It’s overcooked when it’s dry and rubbery.)
- Serve salmon and broccoli with the remainder of the maple mustard sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
Keywords: baked, oven, easy, ideas, sauce, simple, from scratch