Wanna have waffles together? I just want you to be able to enjoy these lemon meringue waffles with blackberry syrup and if you do it all on your own, and not with me, that’s okay too.
Crispy, fluffy + slightly sweet lemon meringue waffles.
I just envisioned us talking about how impossibly fluffy these waffles are, with a punch of fresh lemon, just a hint of sweetness and a crispy outside.
It’s like they’re little pillows of waffle that are so spongy and pie-like. They are literally lemon meringue pie in waffle form.
Oh! And another win: the blackberry syrup just soaks right into the waffles taking it from an A to an A+.
Whole grain pancake mix for the win.
I love using a whole grain pancake mix for this recipe, and if you want regular pancakes, you just have to mix it with water.
And boom: fabulous pancakes in a flash.
Also, using pure maple syrup is a MUST.
Guys, you really just can’t go wrong here. We’re talking pancakes and maple syrup.
That’s lemon meringue waffles with blackberry syrup for ya. Eat ’em up, folks!Print
Lemon Meringue Waffles with Blackberry Syrup
These lemon meringue waffles are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and just slightly sweet.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 ¼ cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ⅔ cup low fat milk
- Zest and juice of 2 medium lemons (about ¼ cup)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (Glenna Farms)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat waffle maker to medium high. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix, vanilla extract, oil, milk and lemon zest and juice until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites using a hand mixer until peaks form, adding the sugar once egg whites are foamy. Slowly fold egg white mixture into pancake batter until combined.
- Scoop about 1 cup pancake batter into the hot waffle maker. Cook 4-6 minutes, until browned. Remove waffle maker, coat with cooking spray, and repeat process with remaining batter.
- In the meantime, mash blackberries with the back of a fork. Stir in pure maple syrup. Pour blackberry syrup over waffles and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 334 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy, easy, no buttermilk, pancake mix, kid friendly, family friendly, from scratch, homemade
This post is sponsored by Glenna Farms, a fabulous family owned business right here in Wisconsin! Shop in their online store and receive 10% your order (code JUL16)!
All views are my own.