Oh heyyyy! Wanna have waffles together? It could be a dinner date, or we could save the waffles for tomorrow’s breakfast, if you wish. Honestly, I just want you to be able to enjoy these Lemon Meringue Waffles + Blackberry Maple Syrup, and if you do it all on your own, and not with me, that’s okay too.
Crispy, fluffy + slightly sweet waffles.
I just envisioned us talking about how impossibly fluffy these waffles are, with a punch of fresh lemon, just a hint of sweetness and a crispy outside. It’s like they’re little pillows of waffle that are so spongy and pie-like. They are literally lemon meringue pie in waffle form.
Oh! And another win: the blackberry maple syrup just soaks right into the waffles taking it from an A to an A+.
Whole grain pancake mix for the win.
What’s also really cool, is that I’m partnering with a local company for this recipe –> Glenna Farms. I absolutely love their pancake mix because it’s a concoction of whole grain flours, and if you want regular pancakes, you just have to mix it with water. And boom: fabulous pancakes in a flash. Also, their pure maple syrup is the perfect consistency and comes in an adorable bottle. Meaning it’s perfect for fall gifts YAY! Or for yourself (just sayin’). Guys, you really just can’t go wrong here. We’re talking pancakes and maple syrup.
That’s lemon meringue waffles + blackberry maple syrup for ya. Eat ’em up, folks!Print
Lemon Meringue Waffles + Blackberry Maple Syrup
These lemon meringue waffles are crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and just slightly sweet.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ¼ cups pancake mix (Glenna Farms)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- ⅔ cup low fat milk
- Zest and juice of 2 medium lemons (about ¼ cup)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (Glenna Farms)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat waffle maker to medium high. Coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix, vanilla extract, oil, milk and lemon zest and juice until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites using a hand mixer until peaks form, adding the sugar once egg whites are foamy. Slowly fold egg white mixture into pancake batter until combined.
- Scoop about 1 cup pancake batter into the hot waffle maker. Cook 4-6 minutes, until browned. Remove waffle maker, coat with cooking spray, and repeat process with remaining batter.
- In the meantime, mash blackberries with the back of a fork. Stir in pure maple syrup. Pour blackberry syrup over waffles and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 334 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy, easy, no buttermilk, pancake mix, blackberries, lemon, egg whites, milk
This post is sponsored by Glenna Farms, a fabulous family owned business right here in Wisconsin! Shop in their online store and receive 10% your order (code JUL16)!
All views are my own.