Italian Tortellini Salad, you have my heart.
I am a sucker for pasta salad of pretty much any sort. You know I love pasta in general, and in the summertime, I love pairing a fabulous pasta salad with all my favorite grilled foods and accompaniments.
I’m drooling right now just thinking about some grilled salmon with pesto or chicken legs with BBQ sauce, some fresh watermelon and a pile of this tortellini goodness. Drool.
The BEST homemade Italian salad dressing
The Italian dressing on this salad is to-die-for, and you likely have all (or almost all) of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge – white or red wine vinegar, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and really good olive oil.
You’ll want to put this dressing on all the salads. (That’s my goal here.)
The perfect summer potluck dish
And the salad itself is an incredible mix of creamy cheese tortellini, salty salami, juicy tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, squeeky fresh mozzarella and briny pepperoncini. Gosh, I’m still drooling.
I also absolutely love taking this salad camping. I make the dressing in advance, chop all of the veggies and prep the other salad ingredients, then toss it together about an hour before we’re ready to eat it.
And when I share it with friends or family, there are seriously never any complaints, just pure delight.
If you bring this Italian Tortellini Salad to a party, you’ll be the hero.Print
Italian Tortellini Salad
The BEST Italian dressing tossed with cheese tortellini, salami, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, cucumber and pepperoncini.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: Serves 8 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook, Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Italian, American
- ¼ cup white and/or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 9-ounces fresh cheese tortellini, cooked and cooled
- 3-ounces natural salami, cubed
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium English cucumber, diced
- ½ cup fresh mini mozzarella balls
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped, divided
- ½ cup pepperoncini, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Parmesan, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Fold in the cooked tortellini, salami, tomatoes, cucumber, mozzarella and half of the parsley until combined. Top with the remaining parsley and pepperoncini (if using). Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.*
Cooking Tip: After refrigerating and right before serving, stir again to coat with dressing. Add a bit more olive oil if necessary.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
Keywords: easy, tasty, best, side dish, quick, party ideas, potluck, summer, fourth of July