These easy & tasty gingerbread cut-out cookies are perfect for the holidays as a party treat, a food gift, or simply to enjoy with a mug of hot chocolate.
Cookies for a Christmas mood
Specifically, pictures of delicious ginger-y, molasses-y cookies disguised as cute gingerbread people. They’re almost too cute to eat. ALMOST.
They’re perfect to get you in the last minute mood for Christmas, perfect wrapped up in a bow as a last minute gift and/or perfect for eating while you watch Elf or Home Alone or A Christmas Story. Perhaps with a mug full of hot cocoa?
The sky’s the limit.
Options for decorating gingerbread cookies
And if you’re in lazy girl mode like me, you’ll completely skip the decorating the cookies part and just dust them in a light and fluffy coating of powdered sugar and call it a day.
Okay so if you keep scrolling you’ll see I did decide to give 3 cookies an outfit and a face, just because.
The rest just look snowed on, but they’re super tasty and cute. Now it’s your turn to try these gingerbread cut-out cookies!
Oh, and by the way… MERRY CHRISTMAS! You guys are all the best and thank you thank you thank you for joining me for so many delicious eats this year, and cheers to SO many more delicious eats in the new year.
Have the BEST holiday ever! Yes, yes, yes!
For more holiday dessert inspiration:
- White Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Cookies
- Sweet Potato Pie with Maple Whipped Cream
- Winter Citrus & Pomegranate Mascarpone Cups
- Cranberry Pecan Pie Bars
- Cranberry Goat Cheese Stuffed Pears
- Peanut Butter Yogurt Cookies with Dark Chocolate
Gingerbread Cut-Out Cookies
These easy & tasty gingerbread cut-out cookies are perfect for the holidays as a party treat, a food gift, or simply to enjoy with a mug of hot chocolate!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 24 Cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
- Flour, for dusting
- ¼ cup powdered sugar and/or white icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda and salt until combined.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together softened butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses, milk. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and use a spatula to mix together until combined and a dough ball has formed.
- Dust a few tablespoons of flour on a large cutting board. Place dough on the cutting board and use a rolling pin to roll it out flat to about ¼ inch thickness. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter and cut out about 24 cookies. Place them on the parchment paper, about ½ an inch apart. Bake 8-9 minutes, until set but soft.
- Let cookies cool, then dust with powdered sugar or decorate with white icing.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 67mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: easy, icing, Christmas cookies, best, simple, from scratch, homemade, healthy