These Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cereal Bars are EVERYTHING.
Just go ahead and skip right past the other recipes out there that call for sugar and corn syrup because these puppies are made with pure maple syrup and honey and have the wholesome flavor to show for it.
Peanut butter and chocolate go together like…
I am not even a big dessert or cereal fan, but since making a batch of these last week, I’ve been enjoying a bar every single day and I’m not even mad about it.
What I am is a huge fan of is peanut butter and dark chocolate, and these cereal bars showcase both ingredients in such a delightful way. The peanut butter is mixed with the maple syrup and honey as well as coconut oil to hold the bars together and pure vanilla extract and salt for a little extra flava flav.
I use the multi-grain Cheerios as my cereal of choice, but you can really use 3 cups of whatever your favorite is.
And once the bars are set, they’re dipped in melted dark chocolate to bring it all home. And I tell ya’ what, you will never want to make or buy any other cereal bars. Like, ever.
Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cereal Bars. To share or not to share?
And if I’m being completely honest, you will likely have trouble even making it to the ‘bar’ step of this recipe, as you may end up eating the cereal mixture with a spoon and calling it a day.
I would be lying if I said that has never happened to me. But the only negative when it comes to eating it out of the bowl is you miss the chocolate-dipped part, and well, that’s unfortunate.
So do yourself a delicious favor and make a batch of these for the weekend (or week, whatevs)!
You can certainly share these Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cereal Bars with your friends, but I wouldn’t recommend it.Print
Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
8-ingredient chocolate-dipped cereal bars made with peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, vanilla and salt.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: Makes 18 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave, No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups multi-grain Cheerios
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a large sheet of parchment paper in an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and honey in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until coconut oil is melted, about 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes total. Add the vanilla extract and salt and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add the Cheerios and stir to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and press until mixture is evenly distributed and flat. Refrigerate at least 30 minute or until set. Grab the edges of the parchment paper and transfer the bars to a cutting board. Cut into 18 small squares.
- Place the chocolate chips in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute 30 seconds. Dip the bottom of each bar in the chocolate and transfer back to the parchment paper. Let sit until hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Substitution Tip: Feel free to add mix-ins, like peanuts, tree nuts, chocolate chips and/or shredded coconut.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: easy, quick, party treats, kid friendly, family friendly, no bake, naturally-sweetened desserts