It’s here, folks. My favorite snack – cheesy cauliflower tater tots.
Snack attack: cheesy cauliflower tater tots
The best snack I’ve had in a really, really long time. And I have to be completely honest.
I’m not really a snacker. I mean, I love popcorn and would eat it all day every day if I could, but I am more of a 3 meals a day kind of gal with maybe the occasionally piece of fruit or…. popcorn.
But these Cheesy Andouille Cauliflower Tots with Spicy Remoulade are an absolute game changer.
They are super simple and fun to make (once you’ve mastered tot-forming, you won’t wanna stop) and are just the most enjoyable way – ever – to eat vegetables.
You know how much I love vegetables, especially cauliflower, so you know I’m head-over-heels for these little cheesy morsels.
Add bacon or sausage to these tots to make them really special
I made regular cheesy tots a few weeks ago, and they were super yummy.
Over the weekend I decided to make jambalaya, and had some leftover andouille sausage, so I chopped it up and tossed it into the tot mixture and voila!
Andouille sausage tots that are cheesy on the inside and super golden brown on the outside. Customizable cauliflower tots for the win.
Oh, and don’t forget the spicy, briny, creamy remoulade that you’ll wanna smother on any- and everything.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.Print
Cheesy Cauliflower Tater Tots
Baked cauliflower tots stuffed with cheese and served with spicy remoulade.
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Total Time: 25-35 mins
- Yield: Makes 18 tots 1x
- Category: Dinner, Snack, Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped andouille sausage or cooked bacon (optional)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon each coarse salt, onion powder and garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1–2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickles
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower florets in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground. Place in a glass bowl and microwave 3-4 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large kitchen towel and squeeze to drain water. Place back into the glass bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, cheese, sausage, breadcrumbs, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper until very well combined.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon mixture and roll it into tator tot shape with your hands. Place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining mixture and place tots about 2 inches apart. Bake 15-18 minutes, until tots are firm and golden brown. Allow to slightly cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, hot sauce, dill pickles, whole grain mustard and garlic. Serve cauliflower tots with spicy remoulade.
Substitution Tip: Try with chopped ham.
- Serving Size: 6 tots
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 538mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 19g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 133mg
Keywords: tasty, baked, cheesy, healthy, andouille sausage, comfort food, kid friendly