Life is about to become a whole lot more delicious with these carrot cake donuts with coconut glaze.
Because what we have here, folks, is a pan-full of Carrot Cake Donuts. Yeah, we’re talking all the goodness of carrot cake, but in donut form. So basically 2 of life’s best things in 1 = pure bliss. It’s sweet, bright carrots, wholesome oats, juicy pineapple and warm spices, all baked into a perfect, tender circle of baked good greatness.
And then each little carrot cake donut pillow is dipped in the most mouthwatering glaze of coconut milk, cream cheese, powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract, and sprinkled with coconut [a.k.a. one of earth’s finest things] and crushed walnuts. It’s so simple, but it’s so everything.
And I am so excited that these actually turned out. Because you guys, I’m not exactly a baker. I like to bake, sometimes, and I’m decent at it, but I have issues with measuring things properly. A scoop of this and a scoop of that is usually my game, so having to sift and measure a ‘level scoop’ of flour is just daunting. But I totally get it – it’s, like, science – and so I’ll do it. I just have to sort-of talk myself into it. And with this recipe, I did a little research on what makes a donut a donut… and then I created a new and fun recipe using my new and fun donut pan [thanks, hubbs]… and it worked!
Actually, it more than worked. I mean, these donuts are strikingly delicious. I took one bite and was floored at how moist and flavorful they are, and did not miss the fact that they aren’t deep fried like a typical donut. Nope, not one bit. In fact, I’ve already eaten one today [and licked the glaze spoon 6 times] and I’m not even a big sweets fan. Remember? I have a huge salt tooth for recipes like this Stovetop Popcorn.
And the hubbs… he’s right after them. He absolutely loves carrot cake.
So you guys, I’d highly recommend whipping up a batch of these little guys for brunch or dinner tomorrow… your fam will LOVE you for it. And if you love carrot cake as much as I do, I also highly recommend these Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwiches.
Happy Easter! Xoxo!Print
Carrot Cake Donuts + Coconut Glaze
All the goodness of carrot cake in donut form with oats, pineapple, and spices baked into a delicious dessert.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 9 Donuts 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter and/or coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk (any kind)
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour/ground oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2-ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut flakes, crushed pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a donut pan with cooking spray.
- Place brown sugar and melted butter/oil in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Whisk together until combined. While mixer is running, add the egg, milk, pineapple and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg until combined.
- While mixer is running, add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the grated carrot.
- Fill donut cups with donut mixture, pressing it down into the cup with the back of a spoon and filling to the top, leaving a hole in the center. Bake in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly, then transfer donuts to parchment paper and allow to completely cool.
- While donuts bake, whisk together cream cheese, coconut milk, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Place in the refrigerator until donuts are cooled. Coat donuts with glaze, sprinkle with toppings and allow to dry.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 193 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
Keywords: easy, doughnut, baked, easy, no yeast, healthy, coconut flakes, cream cheese, glazed