Asian turkey burgers with kimchi for all!
Why Asian turkey burgers with kimchi are so good
And you guys. Not just any burger. This is a chaotic, messy, and in-your face burger.
It’s juicy, meaty, crunchy, fresh, and flavor-packed, and beyond anything you could ever expect from a burger.
These are SUCH good things, and it makes me crave turkey burger goodness right now, and every other moment of the day.
Yes, I just said turkey burger. Most of us have had a turkey burger at one point or another, or maybe you’ve just thought about it but have never taken the plunge.
So often we turn our heads at any meat that’s pretending to be beef in burger form, because we expect it to be sub-par. And let me tell you – I love beef.
I always have, and always will. But what I love about this burger is that it’s made with turkey and it’s packed with Asian ingredients that not only give it tons of flavor, but also keep the burger superjuicy.
It’s pure goodness in turkey burger form. And what I also love, is throwing these burgers on the grill and getting that beautiful smokiness going on that reminds me of all things summer.
Say YES to grilling, folks, because it’s time.
Have you ever made your own quick-pickled kimchi?
Not only do we have an oyster sauce and sesame oil-infused, grilled-to-perfection turkey burger on a toasted bun, we also have a super-crunchy, super-fresh and super-flavorful quick kimchi to go on top.
Yes, kimchi made right in my (your) kitchen. Napa cabbage + cucumbers + radishes + green onion + carrots + cilantro with rice wine vinegar + fish sauce (a.k.a. best sauce of life) + Sriracha + sugar = Flavor city with so much crunch and a little bit of heat will knock your socks off.
It’s soooooo good, people. (And also super good for you.)
Oh, and runny yolk. Because… a fried egg on a burger = true love.
Life is good, you guys.Print
Asian Turkey Burgers with Kimchi
Grilled turkey burgers topped with quick-pickled kimchi, a fried egg and Sriracha mayo.
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Total Time: 30-40 mins + 1 hr refrigeration time
- Yield: Makes 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Asian, American
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded or thinly sliced
- ½ large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 1-pound ground turkey
- ¼ small yellow onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon each coarse salt and ground black pepper
- 4 whole grain buns, toasted
- 4 large over-easy eggs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (optional)
- To make kimchi: In a large bowl, whisk together rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, Sriracha, sugar and salt. Whisk in ginger and garlic. Stir in cabbage, carrots, cucumber, green onions, radishes and cilantro leaves to combine. Place a lid on the bowl and refrigerate 1-4 hours.
- To make burgers: Place turkey, onion, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix, using your hands, until ingredients are evenly combined. Form 4 burger patties. Heat a grill to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Once grill is hot, place burger patties on the grill. Cook on each side, with grill lid closed, for 5-6 minutes on each side, until internal temperature of burgers reach 160 degrees.
- Place burgers on toasted bottom buns and top with fried egg (optional) and a few scoops of kimchi. In a small bowl, whisk together Sriracha and mayonnaise, and evenly distribute Sriracha mayo on each burger (optional) and top with toasted top bun.
Cooking Tip: You may have kimchi leftover. Just eat it 🙂
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 486
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 272mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 34g
- Cholesterol: 272mg
Keywords: easy, healthy, grilled, best, tasty, whole grain buns, simple